Balance Social Media Terms & Conditions
1. Acceptance of Services
1. After a free 1-hour initial consultation a Letter of Engagement will be prepared by Balance Social Media and emailed to the Client, prior to the commencement of work. This letter will outline the services to be performed, the rates to be charged and will include a copy of these terms and conditions.
2. This Letter of Engagement must be signed by the Client and returned to Balance Social Media before work can commence.
3. If a work request or brief is forwarded to Balance Social Media before receipt of the signed Letter of Engagement this constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions and work will commence on this basis.
4. Balance Social Media will accept no liability whatsoever for any detriment to the Client’s business, perceived or actual, resulting from any activities or works carried out by Balance Social Media. The final responsibility for proofreading errors in completed works rests with the Client.
1. Rates for any services outside those listed are charged in 1 hour increments.
2. For new clients a 50% deposit is required prior to commencement of work, based on the agreed upon package and/or hours. A tax invoice for the deposit will be issued to the Client via email once the signed Letter of Engagement has been received. The balance of the total, together with any disbursements, will be invoiced at the end of the month.
3. Where services outside those listed are required, the client will be consulted before costs are incurred. Once approved by the client, these will be invoiced accordingly.
4. Any unforeseen extra costs will also be discussed with the Client prior to work commencing.
5. Balance Social Media is not registered for GST and therefore does not charge GST on services provided.
6. Hourly rate includes the following standard services:
a. Local phone calls (excludes large volume of calls – these will be invoiced to the client as per call rate),
b. Standard postage (Australia only and excludes bulk mail outs),
c. Scanning, emailing and printing (general printing but excludes bulk printing).
7. Urgent work, with a turnaround of less than 24 hours, may incur a 20% surcharge. This will be made clear to the Client before work is commenced.
8. Should the Client’s original requirements change during the course of the assignment, Balance Social Media reserves the right to issue a revised quotation and cost to the client.
9. Balance Social Media reserves the right to adjust rates without notice. In the event that rates are adjusted, this will not impact work already in progress/previously quoted in writing.
3. Payment Terms
1. Payment is due 7 days from invoice date.
2. Payment may be made by Direct Deposit (Bank details are provided on the invoice).
3. Failure to pay outstanding invoices may result in the suspension of all services. A third party may be engaged to collect late fees. By signing this agreement, the payee agrees to be responsible for any fees associated with the process of fee collection from a third party, including any legal action.
1. All client records and information are regarded as confidential and therefore we will not sell, share or rent your personal and/or business information to any third party, without the written consent of the Client. If you are enquiring about our services, are acquiring or have acquired a service from Balance Social Media we will collect and hold your name, address, telephone number and email address solely for the purpose of providing you with the relevant service and managing and administering the service.
2. Balance Social Media will sign non-Disclosure or Confidentiality Agreements as required.
3. All work is carried out in strict confidence and will not be revealed to any third parties.
1. All reasonable steps will be taken to protect information from misuse and unauthorised access.
2. All reasonable steps will be taken to protect software from corruption.
3. Balance Social Media cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage, theft etc. of data, projects, equipment or any items relating to assignments during transit to/from Balance Social Media premises.
4. Balance Social Media recommends that the Client obtain a proof of postage, as we will not accept responsibility for loss or damage to items sent through regular post.
5. Incoming information sent electronically or by CD/ USB and received by Balance Social Media will be scanned for viruses. In the case of emails, suspicious files will not be opened so it is important that the Client clearly name all attached files.
6. While Balance Social Media will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that any email, attachment to email and all files prepared or provided by Balance Social Media on disk or in any other electronic form has been scanned for viruses, Balance Social Media will not accept liability for any loss or damage sustained by the Client as a result of software viruses or data corruption. The Client is responsible for carrying out its own virus checks and scanning.
6. General Terms
1. All reasonable requests from the Client will be complied with; however, Balance Social Media is engaged as an independent professional contractor and will not be construed in any event as being an employee of the Client and work efforts will not be under the supervision or control of the Client.
2. As an independent contractor, Balance Social Media is not restricted to working exclusively for any one client during the term of the agreement.
3. Contracts may be cancelled by either party upon giving seven (7) days’ notice in writing to the other party.
4. Upon commencement of a contract, a two (2) week trial period will apply. Within this trial period, either party may cancel the contract upon giving a notice in writing to the other party without the seven (7) days’ notice period applying.
5. All work carried out shall be considered made-for-hire under the Copyright Act, and at all stages remain the sole and exclusive property of the Client.
6. Balance Social Media will only correct any errors found in the work done by Balance Social Media and such errors will be corrected free of charge provided they have been notified to Balance Social Media within 48 hours of the receipt of the completed work by the Client.
7. Balance Social Media is not responsible for the end use of any document produced or edited by us. The Client is solely responsible for its appropriate use, including abiding by any copyright requirements, plagiarism laws and publishing requirements.
8. Balance Social Media is not responsible for the content of any document supplied to them. Balance Social Media will assume no responsibility for any plagiarised material supplied by a Client and reserves the right to return work should they become aware of such inappropriate use.
9. Balance Social Media retains the right to reject work for any Client that involves material Balance Social Media finds to be illegal, immoral or objectionable.